With the new Lumintell™ Node, Novalume brings the IoT to the LED street lighting market via smart, upgradeable and future-proof luminaires.
In February 2020, Novalume joined the Zhaga Consortium, as an Associate Member, to advance the deployment of Smart Street-lighting in the public lighting market. “Joining the Zhaga Consortium is a strong opportunity for Novalume and its customers to benefit from this widespread standardized interface, “ says Kim Krahl Larsen, CEO of Novalume. “Thanks to the new Lumintell™ Zhaga Node and the new version of the Lumintell™ system, municipalities can now upgrade LED street lighting infrastructure with sensing and communication capabilities, while significantly improving the efficiency, maintenance and running costs of their lighting network. “
The five key benefits of Zhaga
• Latest-generation technology (sensors, communication modules) can be adopted easily and LED luminaires are future-proofed against rapid technology evolution.
• LED streetlights are becoming increasingly smart and connected to Internet of Things (IoT) networks.
• Interchangeability is guaranteed thanks standard fitted connections
• Standardized protocol to communicate with the driver
• The ability to upgrade LED luminaires after installation is also a great benefit to end customers. Their luminaires are future proofed to embrace upcoming innovations in the lighting industry, including digital innovations that go beyond lighting.
“We are thrilled to be an associate member of the the Zhaga Consortium and to join our forces to facilitate the adoption of sensing and IoT in public lighting infrastructure.“ concludes Jakob Meiland Hansen, CSO of Novalume.
Learn more about the Lumintell™ solution here: https://www.novalu.me/lumintell or in video here: https://www.novalu.me/film
About Zhaga Consortium
With its origins in Europe, the Zhaga Consortium is a global industry organization that aims to standardize interfaces of LED luminaires including LED light engines, LED modules, LED arrays, holders, LED drivers and connectivity fit systems. It continues to develop specifications based on the inter-related themes of interoperable components, smart and connected lighting, and serviceable luminaires. More recently, the Zhaga consortium has widened its scope of work to address new growth areas in IoT and the service economy. For more information, visit www.zhagastandard.org.
*LUMINTELL™ is a trademark of Novalume A/S registered in Europe and other countries.
Nicolas Holm Bonvalet, Marketing Manager
If you are also interested in becoming a Novalume partner or distributor, contact us here: https://www.novalu.me/distributors
#membership #Lumintell #zhaga #Novalume #smartstreetlighting #standard #IoT #sensors #publiclighting #futureproof #smartcity